University of the Western Cape UWC Online Application – Apply Now
UWC Online Application – Apply Now:
Online Applications for the 2022 academic year are now open at University of the Western Cape UWC. All students should register online, remotely. University of the Western Cape UWC strives to equip their students. This includes vocational and occupationally directed skills.
These skills reduce unemployment, poverty and to contribute to the economic growth of South Africa. In addition to providing various courses, they also provide deserving students with bursaries to help them financially. University of the Western Cape UWC give learners the opportunity to take part in leaderships and short skills courses.
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. For instance, specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses. Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Click here to read the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses at University of the Western Cape UWC scheduled for the 2022/2023 academic year…
UWC Admission Requirements 2022/2023
The following requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program at the University of the Western Cape UWC. Depending upon what type of applicant you are, you may also have to meet additional requirements. The minimum requirements for University of the Western Cape UWC admission are outlined below:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) Bachelors pass – an achievement rating of 4 (adequate achievement 50-59%) or better in four subjects chosen from the recognized 20 credit
NSC subjects (known as the designated subject list).
UWC Points System
Refer to each program on the reverse side of this pamphlet to determine the number of points required.
- Applicants must have a valid email address in order to apply online. All communication from the University in regards to your application will be sent via email. Should you not have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail or any other email provider you may prefer.
- If you are a person with a disability, please ensure that you have completed that section fully in the online form to allow us to make contact with you regarding your support needs. Should you have any queries related to disability support at the University contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +27 21 959 4170.
- Please also note that there is no separate application form for accommodation, if you responded YES on the question for University accommodation, you have applied.
- Residence placement is limited and cannot accommodate all applicants.
Online Application at University of the Western Cape UWC 2022
University of the Western Cape UWC Online Application – Apply Now
The Office of Admissions is here to help prospective students navigate the University of the Western Cape UWC online application and admissions process. The University of the Western Cape UWC Online Application is into categories. This includes:
- The University of the Western Cape UWC General Online Application
- Undergraduate Online Application
- Honors Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas Online Application
Make sure to click on the links above for detailed information on how to to go about the various forms of online applications at University of the Western Cape UWC.
2022 General Online Application Process
- All applicants must apply ONLINE.
- There is NO application fee to apply.
- In order for your application to be considered COMPLETE you must successfully complete the online application form as well as submit all required documentation.
- You will be emailed a confirmation letter once you have completed the online application (within 24-48 hours), with further instructions on the submission of required documentation.
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
- First, visit the official website of the institution via https://www.uwc.ac.za/ to fill your form or acquire your application form at the school’s Campus. Students should apply within the application cycle. This prevents rejected applications.
- Fill in the form with all necessary documentation (Latest Academic Results) that is required of you to support your application. Certified copy of guardian\parent ID , Proof of residence, and Student certified ID.
- Remember you will need email address when filling the form, It is, therefore, advisable to create an email address if you don’t have one. Also, remember to provide a valid cell Phone number when filling the forms because the school will text you if you are given admission.
- A full application submitted entirely must include the certified copy of your ID and a certified copy of your latest school results as stated above.
Make sure you upload all the required documents and pay the required fees. Click here to learn all about University of the Western Cape UWC fees such as application fee, admission fee, tuition, and scholarships for University of the Western Cape UWC Programs.
International Student Applications
- Meet the minimum admission requirements for the program/s you wish to apply to. Visit Academia for further assistance in this regard
- Apply for exemption by following the USAf Application for Exemption Process or apply to have your Foreign Qualifications Evaluated by SAQA in the case of Postgraduate programs
Evaluation of your International Qualifications are essential to confirming the level of learning attained and the appropriate articulation with qualifications registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). The relevant statutory bodies seek to ascertain the equivalence or comparison of international qualifications with local qualifications in an attempt to inform the minimum admission requirements to higher education.
For Applications for Exemption Enquiries
Phone: +2710 591 4401/2
Fax: 086 677 7744 (SA Only)
Fax: +2712 481 2922 (International)
Your Application for Exemption may take a while and we therefore recommend you complete this as soon as you have a statement of results available before moving to the next step in the process i.e. UWC Online Application.
For Evaluation of Foreign Qualifications Enquiries
Phone: +2712 431 5070 – Evaluation of Foreign Qualifications
Phone: 0860 111 673 – Helpdesk
+2721 431 5000 – Switchboard
Fax: +2721 431 5147
This Evaluation Certificate must accompany your application to UWC and we therefore recommend you complete this before moving to the next step in the process.
Some Faculties may require an Exemption Certificate from USAf and an Evaluation of Foreign Qualifications from SAQA for admission into a particular program. Please consult faculty specific admission requirements in the Academia tab.
Since your application depends on either USAf Exemption or a SAQA Evaluation Certificate and in some cases both, we will not be able to process your application until applicants supply appropriate evidence from USAf and/or SAQA. We therefore recommend that you complete this component as soon as possible.
Further enquiries should be directed to USAF or consult our international guidelines for applications alternatively contact ISSO office at email@example.com.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
Do not submit a new application
Check with the Contact Centre (+27 21 959 3900/01 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you may change your program choice
Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre (+27 21 959 3900/01 or email@example.com) and update your details.
Online Application Closing date at University of the Western Cape UWC
The 2022 University of the Western Cape UWC Admission Closing date is scheduled as follows:
- Applications close on 30 September 2021, applicants should submit all required documents date as well. Applications for Bachelor of Dentistry and Oral Health as well as School of Government postgraduate degrees
- Applicants currently in grade 12 and applying for admission will receive a final outcome when UWC publishes final results 2022.
- All other applicants will receive an outcome by end November 2021. Those that are still awaiting final results for 2021 will receive final outcomes in Jan/Feb 2022.
- Applicants will notified of an outcome via email or they can check the status of their application.
- Please note the following programs will NOT be offered in 2022 for first time entering students:
Bachelor of Science in Complementary Health Sciences (General Stream)
Bachelor of Science in Complementary Health Sciences (Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Stream)
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from University of the Western Cape UWC with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the University of the Western Cape UWC?
To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of University of the Western Cape UWC
Whether you have specific questions about UWC, are seeking more information or are ready to apply, we’re here to help. For more information and enquiries, contact the University of the Western Cape UWC below: