University of the Free State UFS Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now
UFS Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now:
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. For instance, specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses. Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Click here to read the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses at University of the Free State UFS scheduled for the 2022/2023 academic year…
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes:
- First-time University of the Free State UFS applicants.
- University of the Free State UFS students changing to a new qualification and / or specialization.
- Students completing a higher certificate or any other program and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
TO BECOME A STUDENT AT THE UNIVERSITY OF THE FREE STATE,
YOU NEED TO:
1Apply for two study options – if one option is a selection program, we advise you to choose a non-selection program as the second option, because space is limited;
2 Be finally admitted with your final Grade 12 NSC or IEB results;
3Pay the prescribed first payment five (5) working days prior to registration; and
4Register in 2022 before classes start.
UFS Application Requirements – The selection Process
UFS Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now
What does the selection process entail?
Upload copies of the following in PDF or JPEG format when you apply for undergraduate
- Your ID if you are a South African citizen
- Your passport if you are an international student
- Parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18
- Your final Grade 11 results with the school’s stamp
- Grade 12 June results with the school’s stamp as soon as it becomes available.
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) if you have already matriculated
- Your academic record, only if you are/were a student at another institution of higher
learning USAf accreditation from the examination board for South African universities. Apply to
mb.usaf.ac.za for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age
General Application Process
How to Apply?
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
- First, visit the official website of the institution via https://apply.ufs.ac.za to fill your form or acquire your application form at the school’s Campus. Students should apply within the application cycle. This prevents rejected applications.
- Your application is submitted. You will receive a student number and acknowledgement of your application.
If you have not submitted the required documents, you will be requested to do so in order to finalise your
- Your application is evaluated by the university. Should your evaluation be positive, you will receive a conditional offer to study – SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF SPACE. Selection programmes are excluded. If you have indicated in your application that you require on-campus residence, you will also receive correspondence from Housing and Residence Affairs. Note that qualifying for your programme of choice, does not guarantee admission.
4.You need to source and secure financial support for your studies.
5.When the final Grade 12 results are released in January 2022, all applications will be re-evaluated; should your evaluation be positive, you will receive a final offer. Take note that meeting the minimum admission requirements for your program of choice does not guarantee admission.
6You have to complete the online acceptance process for the offer within the stipulated timeframe. Note that limited spaces are available.
7.Pay the prescribed first payment before registration. You can move into the residence on campus where you have been placed, or into off-campus accommodation, and then start your academic activities, including orientation, academic advice, and registration.
Online Application Closing date at University of the Free State UFS
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CLOSING DATES
31 May 2021
Radiation Sciences Optometry Physiotherapy Occupational Therapy Dietetics
Biokinetics Sport Coaching
31 July 2021
|Architecture Quantity Surveying
Construction Management Social Work
|31 August 2021||International undergraduate applications
All University Access Programmes on the South Campus and the sub-regions
|1 September 2021||Fine Arts|
30 September 2021
|Drama and Theatre Arts Geology
Physics with Engineering Sciences Music
Community Development (Qwaqwa Campus only) All non-selection programmes
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from University of the Free State UFS with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the University of the Free State UFS?
To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of University of the Free State UFS
For more information and enquiries, contact the University of the Free State UFS below:
University of the Free State
PO Box 339
Private Bag X13
PO Box 339
Oliver Tambo Street
University of the Free State
205 Nelson Mandela Drive
Bloemfontein Campus: +27 51 401 9111
Qwaqwa Campus: +27 58 718 5000
South Campus: +27 51 401 9111
For general information, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org