Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Online Application – Apply Now
SMU Online Application – Apply Now:
Online Applications for the 2022 academic year are now open at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU. All students should register online, remotely. Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU strives to equip their students. This includes vocational and occupationally directed skills.
These skills reduce unemployment, poverty and to contribute to the economic growth of South Africa. In addition to providing various courses, they also provide deserving students with bursaries to help them financially. Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU give learners the opportunity to take part in leaderships and short skills courses.
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. For instance, specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses. Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Click here to read the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU scheduled for the 2022/2023 academic year…
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Admission Requirements 2022/2023
The University received more than 44000 applications for approximately1000 available places. As a result, meeting admission requirements does not guarantee an applicant automatic admission.
All applications will go through a rigorous and competitive selection process and offers will be based on merit and available spaces as indicated below:
a. The pre-selection and admission of first time entering applicants is highly competitive and is conducted in October by the Selection and Admission Committee of each School.
b. Applicants are informed about the outcome of the pre selection through email in November 2021.
c. Applicants may also check the status of their applications on the SMU website, on the link: https://lifestudent.smu.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login (using student number and pin).
d. The final selection and admission which is highly competitive, will take place in January 2022 after the release of Grade 12 results.
e. The selection and admission of applicants who are currently studying at SMU and other South African universities will take place in January 2022.
f. There is a strong competition for the limited number of places available and attainment of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee automatic admission.
g. Successful applicants will be given three (3) days to accept or decline the offer.
h. There are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
i. Applicants should use their student numbers in correspondence with the University.
Online Application at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU 2022
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Online Application – Apply Now
The Office of Admissions is here to help prospective students navigate the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU online application and admissions process. The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Online Application is into categories. This includes:
- The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU General Online Application
- Undergraduate Online Application
- Honors Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas Online Application
Make sure to click on the links above for detailed information on how to to go about the various forms of online applications at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU
Online Application Process at SMU
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
- First, visit the official website of the institution via https://www.smu.ac.za/en/students/apply/ to fill your form or acquire your application form at the school’s Campus. Students should apply within the application cycle. This prevents rejected applications.
- Fill in the form with all necessary documentation (Latest Academic Results) that is required of you to support your application. Certified copy of guardian\parent ID , Proof of residence, and Student certified ID.
- Remember you will need email address when filling the form, It is, therefore, advisable to create an email address if you don’t have one. Also, remember to provide a valid cell Phone number when filling the forms because the school will text you if you are given admission.
- A full application submitted entirely must include the certified copy of your ID and a certified copy of your latest school results as stated above.
Make sure you upload all the required documents and pay the required fees. Click here to learn all about Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU fees such as application fee, admission fee, tuition, and scholarships for Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Programs.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA
- An application form obtainable from home affairs,
- A valid passport (for a year or more),
- Admission letter from the University,
- A letter from the institution in support of your study visa (International office),
- Bank statement – Copy of passport or I.D of parent or guardian responsible for the financial support and a supporting letter,
- A study visa fee of R425-00,
- Proof of medical aid cover confirming that you will be covered while in SA. Medical reports (including Radiology & Pathology).
- A police clearance certificate from your country of origin,
- Repatriation fee of R585-00,
- Copy of yellow fever vaccination (If relevant),
- If applicant is under 21 years old, there should be a letter of consent from parent or guardian.
For more information on how to apply for a study permit, please visit http://www.southafrica.info/travel/documents/studypermits.htm.
If you have a study permit, remember to renew it 3 months before its expiration. If you neglect to do this, the State can impose heavy fines both on you and on the University.
The process of getting a study permit can take 4-8 weeks to process, hence it is advisable to make study visa applications as soon as possible.
2022 Online Application Closing date SMU
Applications to study at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University in 2022 are officially closed.
Applications open on 1 April 2021 and the closing dates are as follows:
Friday, 25 June 2021:
B Radiography, B Dental Surgery, B Pharmacy, B Dental Therapy, MBChB, BSc Physiotherapy
Friday, 26 July 2021:
BSc, BSc Diet, B Speech Language Pathology and Audiology, B Occupational Therapy, B Oral Hygiene, B Nursing Sciences
Closing Dates Notice to Students
Please note that Friday, 23 April is the closing date for the following:
1. Cancellation of courses and/or modules.
2. Changing of courses and/or modules.
3. Application for exemption from attending a course or module.
4. Submission of applications for exemption from courses passed at other universities.
5. Application for interruption of studies for the 2021 academic year.
6. Submission of all combined reports from (internal & external) examiners for students eligible for the June graduation ceremony.
7. Late registration for all undergraduate and postgraduate students.
8. Confirmation to write May/June examinations by postgraduate students.
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU?To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.