Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Admission Requirements 2022/2023
SMU Admission Requirements – Read full details below and apply:
Your journey to Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU starts here. The future belongs to those with the curiosity and determination to shape it for the better. At Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU, you can be one of them. We are here to help make each step towards becoming a Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU student a smooth experience.
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. This includes specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses.
Please review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission and pay the required fees.
SMU Admission Requirements 2022/2023
The University received more than 44000 applications for approximately1000 available places. As a result, meeting admission requirements does not guarantee an applicant automatic admission.
All applications will go through a rigorous and competitive selection process and offers will be based on merit and available spaces as indicated below:
a. The pre-selection and admission of first time entering applicants is highly competitive and is conducted in October by the Selection and Admission Committee of each School.
b. Applicants are informed about the outcome of the pre selection through email in November 2021.
c. Applicants may also check the status of their applications on the SMU website, on the link: https://lifestudent.smu.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login (using student number and pin).
d. The final selection and admission which is highly competitive, will take place in January 2022 after the release of Grade 12 results.
e. The selection and admission of applicants who are currently studying at SMU and other South African universities will take place in January 2022.
f. There is a strong competition for the limited number of places available and attainment of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee automatic admission.
g. Successful applicants will be given three (3) days to accept or decline the offer.
h. There are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
i. Applicants should use their student numbers in correspondence with the University.
All applicants should not not send cash through the mail or leave documents and cash with any unauthorize persons
- Make sure to review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission. The admission requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program or course at the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU.
- Make sure you upload all the required documents and pay the required fees. Click here to learn all about Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU fees such as application fee, admission fee, tuition, and scholarships for Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Programs.
- All applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA
- An application form obtainable from home affairs,
- A valid passport (for a year or more),
- Admission letter from the University,
- A letter from the institution in support of your study visa (International office),
- Bank statement – Copy of passport or I.D of parent or guardian responsible for the financial support and a supporting letter,
- A study visa fee of R425-00,
- Proof of medical aid cover which will cover you while in SA. Medical reports (including Radiology & Pathology).
- A police clearance certificate from your country of origin,
- Repatriation fee of R585-00,
- Copy of yellow fever vaccination (If relevant),
- If applicant is under 21 years old, there should be a letter of consent from parent or guardian.
For more information on how to apply for a study permit, please visit http://www.southafrica.info/travel/documents/studypermits.htm.
If you have a study permit, remember to renew it 3 months before its expiration. If you neglect to do this, the State can impose heavy fines both on you and on the University.
The process of getting a study permit can take 4-8 weeks to process, hence it is advisable to make study visa applications as soon as possible.
Contact Address of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU
For more information and enquiries, contact the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU below: