Port Elizabeth TVET College Admission Requirements 2022/2023
Port Elizabeth TVET College Admission Requirements – Apply:
Your journey to Port Elizabeth TVET College starts here. The future belongs to those with the curiosity and determination to shape it for the better. At Port Elizabeth TVET College, you can be one of them. We are here to help make each step towards becoming a Port Elizabeth TVET College student a smooth experience.
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors, including specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses.
Please review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission.
Admission Requirements at Port Elizabeth TVET College 2022/2023
The following requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program at the Port Elizabeth TVET College. Depending upon what type of applicant you are, you may also have to meet additional requirements. The minimum requirements for Port Elizabeth TVET College admission are outlined below:
All students will be required to write the competency tests.
Information Communication and Technology (ICT)
Mathematics is compulsory. The school will not consider learners who did not have Mathematics at school.
Mathematics is compulsory. The school will consider learners who had Mathematical Literacy at school and achieved an 80% result. Students with Grade 12 (passed or failed), or equivalent are the preferred applicants. Where students have passed Grade 9, Grade 10 and Grade 11 they may be considered subject to the results of a competency test. In Engineering, students who do not pass the competency test will be referred to the extended programs.
Safety in Society
- No criminal record
- Not younger than 17 years
- South African Citizen
- No visible tattoos
Note that the Department of Higher Education Being proposed that the minimum requirement proposed for admission is Grade 11.
The admission requirements for other learners (non-NC (V))
- Vertical (Upward movement) articulation requirements should meet the NQF structure
- Qualification specific requirements should meet the SETA requirements
All students will be required to submit the following
- A certificate of Good Conduct, from their previous institutions of learning or place of work
- A certified copy of the last school report original should be presented on the application
- 8 certified copies of ID (where a student is 16 years or older) original must be presented on the application
Parents or guardians must accompany the applicant to verify the correctness of personal details, in the case where students are a minor or where the parent or guardian is providing the financial support. Students will be selected according to their potential ability based on their highest qualifications and other relevant factors) to successfully complete the course. The College Council reserves the right to determine this potential.
Students who transfer from another FET College must submit the following
Reason for transfer
- A letter to confirm that they have been de-registered at the previous institution
- A Certified copy of Identity Document
- A report of their academic history on a College letterhead, including Internal Continuous Assessment (ICASS) and Integrated Summative Assessment (ISAT) results
- The student’s Portfolios of Evidence for all subjects from the previous institution, if transferring during an academic year
- A Certificate of Good Conduct, from their previous institution of learning
Competency Tests – NCV
The competency test is to ensure that the student is placed in a programs best suited to his/her ability. The student should complete a competency test to determine his/her proficiency in English as it is the medium of instruction in the College. The National Department of Education and Training Prescribes the competency test as a requirement for admission and it is imperative that they are conducted in the best interests of students and the College.
Competency tests are also completed in the following subjects
- Mathematical Literacy
- Vocational subjects, in specialized fields
Students will be directed towards other study options if they are not successful in the competency test .
- Port Elizabeth College will apply the 80 % attendance rule. This ensures that better academic results and greater discipline is attained in the classroom.
- The consequence of this is that students, who do not attend classes for 80% of the class time upon registration, will not be allowed to enter into the examinations.
- The Bursary will consider the student’s attendance record of the previous year where bursary allocations are less than the demand.
Contact Address of Port Elizabeth TVET College
For more information and enquiries, contact the Port Elizabeth TVET College via any of the campus lines below: